We are very excited to share with all of you the incredible speakers for PyCascades 2019. We received over 230 talk proposals, which we had to narrow down to just 20. As you can imagine, not an easy task for our program committee. But their dedication produced what we think will be an outstanding program.
Take a look for yourself, and be inspired to join us in February:
- "A Taxonomy of Decorators A-E" by Andy Fundinger
- "Abstraction for students of all the things" by Chris Waigl
- "Account Security for the Fashionable App Developer" by Philip James
- "Building a Gendered Dictionary" by Omayeli Arenyeka
- "Data Protection for Developers: Past, Present, and Future" by Dustin Ingram
- "Given this, assert that: fluent testing fixtures and properties" by Paul Watts
- "Guide to your own artificial intelligence application in 3 easy steps" by Norah Klintberg Sakal
- "Hunting the bugs" by Maria McKinley
- "Light Up Your Life - With Python and LEDs!" by Nina Zakharenko
- "Lint your code responsibly" by Ania Kapuścińska
- "Meaningful Mentoring Moments" by Trey Hunner
- "Nim for Python Programmers" by Abhishek Kapatkar
- "Perceiving Python Programming Paradigms" by Jigyasa Grover
- "Recursion, Fractals, and the Python Turtle Module" by Hayley Denbraver
- "So tell me, what is your musical taste?" by Kyungyun Lee
- "The Amazing Mutable, Immutable Tuple and Other Philosophic Digressions" by Al Sweigart
- "Turning ‘wat’ into ‘why’" by Katie McLaughlin
- "Type Hints: Adding Types to Legacy Codebases" by Iyanuoluwa Ajao
- "Understanding multithreading by deciphering the CPython interpreter source code" by Chirag Shah
- "Who to blame for all your problems" by Ben Berry
Tickets are on sale now!
There are plenty of tickets still available, but it is looking like we will sell out again this year. So don’t wait too long. When the tickets are gone, they are gone 😱.
Get yours now at https://ti.to/pycascades/pycascades-2019.
We’d like to extend a big "Thank You" to everyone who submitted a proposal. Your time and effort make it possible for us to put together a conference that people don’t want to miss.
And we’d like to extend our gratitude to our hardworking program chair Georgia Reh and all the reviewers who made this announcement possible in the first place.
Heroku, a Salesforce company and industry pioneer in platform as a service (PaaS), enables developers to build and run applications entirely in the cloud, without the need to purchase or maintain any servers or software. Over 7 million apps, including ones from Product Hunt, Casper and Citrix run on Heroku. With support for the most popular languages such as Python, Ruby and Node.js, high-scale data services including Postgres, Redis and Kafka, and an add-ons ecosystem featuring over 150 cloud application services, Heroku provides companies from startups to Fortune 500 enterprises with a faster and more effective way to create, deploy and manage beautiful apps in the cloud.
platinum - Academic & Community
Nexmo is a global cloud communications platform, providing APIs and SDKs for messaging, voice, phone verification, advanced multi-channel conversations and video calling with the OpenTok API. We have officially supported open source libraries for Python, PHP, Ruby, Node.JS, Java and C# .NET enabling you to build scalable communications features such as two-factor authentication, notifications, two-way and group messaging, one to one or multi person calls, all with the technologies that you are already using. With our Messages and Dispatch Beta you can now integrate with communication channels including Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and Viber. You can also now build multi-platform applications with contextual communications with the Nexmo Stitch Developer Preview. We've recently welcomed TokBox and their OpenTok platform to our company. OpenTok is the leading WebRTC platform for interactive video, enabling voice, video and messaging for mobile and web with our Live Video API. For more information and to get started visit Nexmo Developer.
Founded in 2011 and based in Seattle, Rover.com® is the world’s largest and most trusted network of five-star pet sitters and dog walkers. Rover connects dog owners with pet care whenever they need it. Millions of services have been booked on Rover, including pet sitting, dog walking, in-home dog boarding, and doggy day care.
As The Dog People™, Rover makes it easier for people to have dog love in their lives through the Rover Guarantee, 24/7 support, background checks, vet consultations, and GPS walk tracking. And by sharing expertise on TheDogPeople.com - one of the world’s top dog websites - Rover provides tips and articles that delight, inform, and enhance the bond between people and their pets.